Saturday, October 2, 2010

VACATION...Part 0

Ok, it's well after midnight and my kids are supposed to be having wonderful dreams of their favorite things and people, but instead we are all up racing through the airport trying to catch our RED EYE using a wheelchair as our stroller to catch our twice delayed flight to FLORIDA for DISNEY WORLD. We are tired, but so excited for what awaits us on the other side of the states!Since we don't have TV at home Rylee was in TV heaven. I told her that she should turn off the TV and try to sleep on the plane so we have energy. She said, "I don't sleep on planes, I only sleep in my bed." I guess that makes two of us.Brody slept the most and LOVED the headset. He said, "Just like Doc Hudson". He's the car on Cars the movie who wears the headset in the pit coaching Lightening McQueen through the races.Everyone but me caught a few zzzs. Taylee was tired to say the least and had a hard time falling asleep. But after singing her to sleep in the postage stamp sized bathroom, she fell asleep in my arms. Once we got there we had an 8 hour lay over because we missed our connecting because our original flight was delayed!! Luckily Jon made a fuss and they put us up in a hotel where we all took a much needed 2 hour nap. Then it was back to the airport for our connecting to Florida. We are having a rough start!

1 comments:

Kelly Evanson said...

what a fun trip for your family!! we love disney too. it has been fun being in driving distance. we'll have to check out the kennedy space center. the boys would love that!