Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jon's Baptism

After Jon announced he was going to get baptized, I had been looking forward to this day like a giddy newly engaged bride. This came as quite a shock to me because I never thought this would happen on earth. So many great things have happened to our family over the years and I know we have been truly blessed.A long time friend, David Hollingshaus, baptized and confirmed Jon a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Jim Foster gave the talk on Baptism. Heidi Little gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and Bishop Sopp gave some wonderful welcoming words to Jon at the end. Jon you look so happy and handsome in this picture, I just want to kiss you!We are so grateful for all the support from family and friends. Rylee was supposed to sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and she had practiced and practiced and knew all three verses by heart but when we stood up there she got stage freight and stomped her foot. I can't believe she chose such a big song. I ended up running to her rescue and singing it in tears and then Jessica and Brittany ran to my rescue and we finished the song in tears.Hurray for starburst! Mom your talk was wonderful and so was the food. Couldn't have done it without you!Alycia Peterson, my right hand girl. I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you thank you thank you!I love this picture of Taylee. A special thanks to Taylor for watching Taylee during the baptism so we could enjoy it.This was the best baptism I have ever been to. Jon I love you every day a little more than the previous. I know this decision is a big one and that it doesn't change someone over night. You are still you and I love you for you. I look forward to what our future has in store for our family. You are such a great example to our kids. I love what you said at the end of your baptism. There are somethings I never want to forget and today is one of those times. (the only thing I am sad about is not getting a picture of you in your white jump suit!!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful and special day for your family! Kim, I just want you to know what a wonderful person I think you are! I appreciate our talks through email and have really noticed your desire to do what's right. What a wonderful example you are to your children and husband and I'm sure that you had a huge impact on Jon's decision. You're awesome Kim and I am so excited for your family! :)

Kelly Evanson said...

congrats! i am so happy for your family. what a neat experience. kim, you have been an amazing example to your husband through all these years. you have remained strong and i am sure there were hard times with jon not being a member. so happy for you!!!