Friday, October 17, 2008

5 year Anniversary

Happy Anniversary Lover!! Can you believe it, 5 years of marriage under our belts? Then again it actually has been 14 years. We have almost known each other half our lives. I look forward to many more celebrations with you!

5 reasons why I love you:
1. You are my best friend.
2. You love our children and me.
3. You love to learn and workout hard.
4. You can cook, and you do so when I don't feel like it.
5. You can fix or build anything.

We decided to take a little weekend get-a-way to North Lake Tahoe. This is where we celebrated our 1st year anniversary. It's one of our favorite places to be because of the beautiful fall colors and chilly weather. Those aspen trees are spectacular! Love the bright reds and yellows this time of season.Driving up with just the two of us in the car was a nice trip down memory lane. We had many laughs along the way. We checked into the hotel, ate at a little mexican place and then saw a movie. The cold air at the beach was a nice cool down after the movie. I'm so glad I married my best friend, so we can have talks like we did...and do. The next day Jon decided to test out our communication skills with one another. Family, you guessed it...we rented a tandem bicycle. This is the true test in all relationships. Let's just say, I wasn't allowed much time in the driver's seat, thanks to the back seat driver. Hey, what's wrong with going fast and getting a little silly?This is Jon taking a picture of us as we are pedalling.After doing some balancing tricks on the tandem (what can I say, I'm a gymnast at heart), we stopped off along the way to enjoy the scenery and watch a fly fisherman.Our legs were quite fatigued afterwards. Not a bad workout, thanks to those hills! That evening after dinner it was on: Kimbo Slice (MMA Fighter) vs. Crush (MMA Fighter/American Gladiator) at...bowling and air hockey!!! After a few strikes, spares and a little left handed air hockey...Kimbo Slice walked away with the title. I can admit I was a little "crushed".The last day we were in Tahoe we just went for a walk and talked. It's amazing how much you can miss your little ones when they are away from you and how they just seem to always pop up in most of our conversations. Then again, what park doesn't remind us of them? After a back tuck dismount we headed out to the rocky beach to take a few photos. Though they are redundent, I really want you to look at the cloud formations because they are very whimsical.I wouldn't want to spend this life or the next without you. I love you...Lover.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tony, Sarah, James and Lucas said...

It looks like you and Jon had fun on your trip. Happy anniversary! BTW, those are five really good reasons to love your husband!

Leah said...

love this post....you've been together longer than most of us :) So glad it all worked out for you guys...you know I love Jon and of course YOU!!!

The Brittons said...

So glad you two were able to get away and have time together.

Fisher Family said...

Hey congrats!
Happy Anniversary... it's all down hill from there you know! (kidding)