Tuesday, August 5, 2008

USA Women's Gymnastics Olympic Team

Since the Olympics are coming up, I thought I'd like to comment on the TRIALS. WOW is how I'd like to sum it up! What a great team this will be. My favorites were:

- #3 Shawn Johnson's beam routine
- #2 Nastia Liukin's bar routine (Longest in history and loved the heighth on her Gienger! WOW!)- #1 Alicia Sacramone's vault (HECK YES WITH THE TRADITIONAL ENTRY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVED IT)

Congrats to the Team!
- Shawn Johnson
- Alicia Sacramone
- Nastia Liukin
- Chelsea Memmel
- Bridget Sloan
- Samantha Peszek

Everyone else did great! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it all! Too bad that Paul Hamm had to redraw from the men's team with a rotator cuff injury (thanks Ang). Would have been great for him to have competed in both Olympics. Come watch 8-08-08!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I, too, am excited to watch the olympics! I think this team has some amazing talent all the way around! I hope they can pull it together when it counts and bring home a medal for the U.S.--hopefully GOLD!
I was so sad to hear about Paul having to withdrawl his position on the team...did you know that it was because of a rotator cuff injury and not his hand?

Mimi said...

Holy Cow that Shawn J. can really do some splits. I love to watch gymnastics, can't wait.

Jessica said...

yeah gymnastics! We LOVE it! I can't wait for the Olympics too... my boys are super excited too! Go team USA! Have fun watching!
I hope you have your family all back together! That would be really had to watch your hubby go into so much danger...willingly! He is one of those amazing people that can do it and do it well, i bet. Well, we all appreciate those brave firemen!
Thanks John!