Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cooking on Sundays

I love Sundays. They are the most peaceful day of the week for me because it is my day of rest. I forget about all the things that have been troubling me and I get to start anew. I'm so grateful for the church and it's gospel. While there, I'm reminded of what's most important in life. It's not a career, money, toys or any other monitary items of this life. Family is what it's all about. If you have time find the "Proclamation on the Family" by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and read it or re-read it for those of you who have it. It spells out family and the importance there of.I love cooking with Rylee on Sundays. The day seems slower, which I enjoy. I'm so glad that Rylee loves to be so helpful. Sometimes my patience is tried because she gets a little more flour in the recipe than what it calls for, but somehow it always turns out GREAT. Maybe that is because it's made with so much LOVE. Here are our oatmeal craisin balls. Yummy! It reminds me of the book that Rylee has called "Love Adds the Chocolate". Pick it up and read it sometime as well. Have a peaceful Sunday.

1 comments:

Mimi said...

I agree, it'a all about the quality time spent with family. Love your sweet spirit. Oh and feel free to drop by cookies anytime:)