Monday, April 7, 2008

Quote for the day...

My quote for the day is:

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." (Doctrine & Covenants 64:33)

I have been pondering on this scripture for sometime now. Raising son's and daughter's of our Heavenly Father is one of the greatest blessings and greatest challenges in this life. I love my two little ones and sometimes I get so wrapped up in the tasks for the day that I don't stop and just enjoy the cuddling, kisses, smiles and laughter that I get from them. Sometimes I get wrapped up in accomplishing a task that I forget to enjoy the process. As for now, my children are the "small things" that will proceedeth greatness if I "be not weary". There are many life situations and circumstances that can make anyone weary and contribute to "bad-doing". There are others especially Jesus Christ who have endured far greater than I. It is all to often that I forget that.

I do love my little ones with all my heart and I only have them for a short, yet most influencial, period of their lives here on earth. Remember, oh remember...

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love that scripture, Kim! I, too, get wrapped up in the everyday tasks and am working on slowing down and taking time with them--even if the house is a mess (which is hard for me to swallow!). Thanks for the post! It is a great reminder for all of us that children ARE the most important! XOXO

Leah said...

Thanks for that thought!!! So true, so true....I imagine you are a wonderful mom and are doing a great job with those two adorable children. Wish I was joining you in Utah for a fun gymnastics get together!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing kim, that is soo important for us as mothers to remember. It is also really hard to remember that at times. thanks again!
jess

Kristalyn said...

I really needed to read this today...the house is a mess 'cuz I let everything go while David was home after Carter was born. I know that I haven't been as patient with Mason as I should be...especially because he is the greatest work that I can accomplish! Thank you for your thoughts!!