Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grateful for our Health


This past weekend we had the privilage of visiting both our families. It was so hot that Rylee was actually able to play in some WATER!! She is the silliest! Fortunately we are close enough to support family when they need it. Jon's mom had slipped and fallen this past week and broken the neck of her femur. Sorry to say, she had to have surgery with a couple screws to hold the bone together. What a terrible thing to have happened and what a hard recovery to go through. Thank goodness for her loving husband who is able to wait on her hand and foot. At a time like this, I am very grateful for the health that my little family has. We are so blessed to have been born with bodies that are full functioning. Since both Jon and I are in the medical field, we see other's struggles with physical and mental disabilities, and the hardships they go through. Some problems they have control over and other's they do not. I'm also very grateful for the knowledge that we've learned on how to take care of our precious bodies. Now being a mother, I have learned that life goes by way too fast and it's too precious to have it cut short. I want to see my children grow up! Too all you out there reading this, exercise and eat right! It can prevent A LOT!!

0 comments: