Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rylee & Brody First Day of School

It's here and summer was just too short! I love my kids being home with me and hate sending them to be with others for the majority of their day. I have to make my shorter time with them a bit more meaningful. They are so excited to get back to school and meet their new teachers and make new friends in their new class. Rylee has Mrs. Salcedo for 2nd grade, Brody has Mrs. Taylor for kindergarten and Taylee and Britlee have ME at their Joy School teacher. I'm so lucky that these kids are so good in class and help the teacher by being great examples to others.  This year at home we are sharing about our day by telling 2 things:
1. What great thing happened to you today? (So we can recognize Heavenly Father's hand in our life)
2. What nice thing did you do for somebody else? (So we can learn to serve others)
We each share these two things every night at dinner, which is great because it gives us a chance to hear about their day and share experiences with each other. These kids are amazing and I couldn't be more happy with what Heavenly Father has chosen for me. I don't know what it is about letting these kids go but I get choked up every year when I let them go for the first day of school. After that I know I'll be dragging them out of bed yelling at them to get ready and get out of the house so we aren't late. We will be all riding bikes every day of the school year except on rainy days just like we did last year. I love the exercise early in the morning though it is a lot of work to get everyone ready and out of the house by 7:30a. New school year here we come!






0 comments: