Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rio Del Mar

Beach weather is just around the corner!!! While we were in the Bay visiting Oma; Rylee, Brody and I went to the beach with a bunch of other mom's from my home Relief Society. (Love the Target bag over the cast!!!)Well, let me back track. The day started off well with getting Rylee and Brody ready. I go out to start the car and the battery is DEAD!!! I was supposed to meet up at a certain time and car pool with Ashley! I'm thinking "CRAPPY" (as Dawn Cattermole would say, it makes me laugh just to think of her saying that in her sweet voice)! Finally Johnny was able to jump start us and we were off to the beach! We car pooled with Ashley, Brooke and Livvy. Thank goodness for DVD players in the car on long rides. ;-) It was nice because Ashley and I got to talk and exchange ideas about having two kids now and the challenges and joys that it brings to our most hectic lives. We got to the beach in one piece and started to unload. The weather was beautiful - sunny and clear with a cold wintery breeze. The other nine mom's had kids around the same age. The kids were in their bathing suits while all the mom's, except me, were snuggled in their sweats! I was responsible enough to remember sunblock on the kids, but totally forgot about myself. My back was a lobster by the end of the day. The water was freezing, but the kids couldn't stay out of it. Brody napped in our little tent while I ate some lunch. Rylee loved playing with her sand toys and dipping her toes in the water. When it was time to go to start the car, low and behold, the battery is dead AGAIN!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! On the way to Rio Del Mar Jon called and told me to turn on my headlights so we would be well seen when driving during the day, "Safety first!". The drive to the coast is very curvy through the hills and is only 1-2 lanes wide. Well, I don't ever drive with my headlights on during the day and I forgot to turn them off when we got to the beach. RETARD!!! So I am my own worst enemy! Luckily Becky jumped us and I haven't had a problem since. By the way, we got home in one piece also!! We had a great time!!!

2 comments:

Gowdies said...

Addie saw rylee on the computer and she stopped and said, "ryee, ryee, ryee." and I said, "yeah that's rylee and then she waved. So cute! Can I come on your next trip to your mom's?! I want to go to the beach! Jealous. Have fun this weekend.

Kristalyn said...

Rylee looks so grown up in that picture of her and Brody in the tent! It sounds like you guys had a fun time. Are you going to go back to work, or have you already?