Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Prayers

I've been meaning to remember this and it keeps slipping my mind every time I try to think about it. Finally I remembered. About 2 months ago my kids were fighting over who would say the morning prayer before breakfast. Finally it was decided that Brody would say the breakfast prayer and Rylee would say the lunch prayer. They both folded their short arms and bowed their heads, which makes the position look so cute for their age and Brody said,

"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day, thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Rylee, Taylee, Chick Hicks, Mr. The King, Lightening McQueen, Mater, View Zeen, Thomas the tank engine, Percy and Cranky (etc.). Please let Mom let me watch a movie. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

His prayer went on and on because he prayed for everyone of his Disney Cars and Trains from Thomas. I thought it'd never end. Even Rylee took a short break from being reverent, looked up at me and chuckled then went back to bowing her head. I ended up letting him watch a movie.

Also a while ago Rylee had been having some constipation issues and we talked about things she needs to eat more of like fruits and vegetables. Another evening in her prayer before bed she said,

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, not Brody, and Taylee. Please help me to poop so I can eat my vegetables. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Cracks me up that she had to specifically exclude Brody, which he cried about because his feelings were hurt (poor boy) and it cracks me up that she said the last part backwards. I had to call Jon at work those two days to share in my laughter. I love these kids and the faith they have that Heavenly Father will help them with their problems. He does love us and know us each individually. I love these little people.

1 comments:

Kelly Evanson said...

those were such cute stories!! and how neat that you remembered to write them down!