Saturday, April 2, 2011

Surprise!

Jessica decided to do a surprise birthday party for Oma hoping she wouldn't suspect. Better yet, we held it on my birthday! Everyone helped. She didn't realize anything until the last minute and I had to drag her into Jessica's house. All of her closest women were there to jump out and say, "Surprise!" while she acted surprised yet somewhat pissed. Everyone knows she hates surprises and attention so we did both for her 60th birthday just to make it special. HA!! Jessica made dinner with stuffed mushrooms, chicken salad sandwiches and salads. We played games such as - "What was in Mom's purse?" Bingo, and "How many". This game consisted of how many things she has done or made like dance costumes, trips to CalWest, sports meets and games she attended, number of callings etc. It was amazing the things that Megan and RaeDean came up with. When I find a picture of the answer sheet I will include it. People brought her gifts which was nice and unexpected. By the end of the night my Oma was having a great time and thanked us for putting this together. I made a little party favor for everyone in attendance, which read, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make he happy, when skies are gray."By the way, Jon got me tickets to see GLEE next month for my birthday present. I am so excited! Thanks Jon.

2 comments:

The Brittons said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration, I'm sure your mom loved it. Have fun at Glee!

jonna said...

i think i still have the answer sheet from your mom's bday party - with all the right answers written in (cuz i was SO over-the-top impressed with her...more than ever...after seeing all those numbers all added up!) i will look for it and get it to you, if you still need it =)