Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

[No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary as they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord: "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, bu tis risen" (Luke 24:5-6). With this pronouncement, those who have lived and died, those who now live and one day will die, and those yet to be born and yet to die had just been rescued. ~President Thomas S. Monson]

Happy Easter! The kids loved their baskets and I had a good time getting them together. It's so much fun to ask them what they want to put in someone else's easter basket and go shopping for it. Then they are so surprised that it ends up in their easter basket. Weird, I know, but what can you do. I'm not getting spending money on a babysitter so I can go spend more money on my kids' easter baskets. They were still happy and excited to just get something!

I'm glad we were able to attend church today to reflect on what's most important. Today the Beehive advisor and I taught a joined lesson to all the young women about getting to know the Savior. It was powerful. We ended the lesson with the story of Jeremy and the Empty Egg. We put together the quote above with a picture of the Savior at the tomb with Mary, folded up inside a plastic egg. We wrapped the egg in loin cloth. Search google for the empty egg story. It's very touching.

0 comments: