Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Calling

So I got called to be the new Mia Maid advisor in church which means I teach the 14 & 15 year old women during 3rd hour of church. This calling has been a learning experience for me about myself. My goal is to teach these girls the things I would like to have been taught as a teenager - that they are capable of anything and that Heavenly Father loves them always. These are my great group of girls!
(L-R: Danielle, Kayleigh, Alexandria, Bailey, Paige and Jordan) Kari decided that for mutual (the weekly young women and young men's activity) she would take the girls to the temple, have their pictures taken and then talk about a conference talk about striving for goals especially the important ones. Great job Kari!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! Congrats on your new calling! I think you will be a GREAT Mia Maid Advisor. I think the most important thing you can do is teach by example. These kids are our future and I think the leaders can have a big impact on the choices they make. You have already shown the righteous desires or your heart by what you and Jon are striving for with your family and I commend you for your strength and faithfulness! What a great example you are Kim!!

Kelly Evanson said...

you will be awesome in young women!! i have been in primary for 3 years now but i enjoy being with my kids and seeing what they are learning!! you are exavtly what the young women need to keep them on the straight and narrow. you will motivate those girls!!!