Thursday, September 4, 2008

San Francisco

It was a wonderful rare occasion, but Jon and I both had the day off and decided to head to San Francisco, more specifically Pier 39. I guess it's our staple, considering that we rarely ever visited there even when we lived in the Bay Area. It's always an adventure navigating through the city, thank goodness my nose was glued to the map. Look out for those "one-way" streets!Since Jon's a big fan of clam chowder, we first had to stop off and get a bread bowl full for him, but I ventured over to the Crepe Shop for a crepe sandwich (turkey and pesto), quite tasty! Here is our sweet little angel patiently awaiting the carousel ride with tokens in hand.Did I mention that she LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! Here we are waving to Jon and Brody!After looking across the bay to Alcatraz, we visited the sea lions. They sure are a loud lazy looking bunch! Rylee could watch them for hours.My favorite smile of hers.These are the ones that make this earth life worth the trials that come our way.
They are so easy going, not to mention happy.We decided to walk down towards Ghirardelli Square to feel the sand beneath our toes. Look at what Jon found along the way! We couldn't pass by an old school vintage motorcycle and not take a picture of it.This weather was a wonderful break from the 100 degree weather in Sacramento. We forget how spoiled we were living in the Bay Area. The Bay water was freezing, of course, but refreshing.Loving every moment.We finished off the day with a beautiful sunset over the ocean. Once again, nothing short of a fabulous day. I love you 3 with all my heart.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like sooo much fun! Your hair is soooo cute and your kids are soooooo cute! Your family is just adorable!

Leah said...

so much fun. Makes me home sick seeing these pictures..we've escaped modesto's heat plenty of times at the Pier....I too love your haircut, adorable