Monday, July 30, 2012

Broken Toes!

(Written 4 months later)
This week Heavenly Father was trying to tell me something. I had broken two toes on two separate occasions. First was in the middle of the night around 2am. Taylee was crying and I ran to her so she wouldn't wake anyone else. I rounded the corner of the hallway too wide and nicked my right 4th toe on the door frame molding of the kids bathroom. OUCH! I hobbled over to Taylee, took her to the bathroom and got her a drink of water, then back to bed. I started to hop because it was getting harder and harder to walk. Jon awoke from my hopping very irritated. This was his first nights sleep at home after being at work for 4 days straight. I asked him to look at my toe. Sure enough it was laying at a 45 degree angle to the right...the wrong way. I just thought it was out of place and that once it was back in place it would be ok. Jon yanked on it 3 times and it didn't go back into place. So he buddy taped it and I placed it in an ice bucket with some advil. Back to bed I went. That next morning we were leaving to go on one last family vacation to Santa Cruz before school started. Walking around was not my idea of fun but I slowly made my way around to make the best of the situation. Jon was not rested up one bit so he was a cranky mess. We were there for a couple of days visiting the sand the boardwalk. Good times, sort of. Then Thursday of that same week rolls around and it's time for Jon to go back to work. I'm still hobbling and it sucks, but whatever right? Then it's Friday and I'm walking briskly out of the play room and BAM! I hit my left 5th toe on the molding of the door frame. SON OF A GUN!! Now my left toe was sticking out to the left at a 90 degree angle...wrong way. So again I thought, it's just out of place so I will call my fire fighter friend down the street to come yank on it. They walked down and yanked on it 3 times and AGAIN it wasn't going back into place. Now I'm a gimp. I couldn't walk good on either foot. I decided to call Jon to take me to the ER. Once there, the MD yanked again on my toes before xrays because he thought it was just out of place. Sure enough. It was not. Both toes were completely broken and one was a spiral fracture so now it just sticks out permanently. Wonderful. I walked out the door with toes buddy taped in flat china shoes. Styling I tell you! Anyhow, here is the one picture. Pretty pretty.

0 comments: