Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This is such a wonderful holiday being able to spend time with family and reflect on the things we are grateful for. While the kids were at the Hunsakers (I was in the ER with Taylee's broken arm) they had the kids make a list of things they were thankful for:

Brody is grateful for...
- your home
- family
- animals
- food
- church
- turkeys
- eggs
- grandma & grandpa
- sister
- mom & dad
- baby
- myself
- Jesus
- birthday party
- friends
- scriptures
- dead fire fighters (*Actually the Hunsakers didn't know what he meant by the "dead fire fighters" so they didn't write it. Brody came home and was very sad about the list because they wouldn't write it. He then explained to me why he wanted to say "dead fire fighters" and I later added it to his list. Brody is so proud of Jon for climbing the Renaissance Tower to honor the fallen fire fighters from 9/11, and is very grateful for what the 343 did to try to save those in the twin towers back on 9/11/01.)

Rylee is grateful for...
- turkey
- family
- house
- toys
- Jesus
- Heavenly Father
- new baby
- big backyard
- pool
- Santa Claus
- birthdays
- cousins
- friends
- dress-up
- food
I am most thankful for our loving Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ for the Plan of Happiness. With such a plan we can be together forever focusing on what's most important. Some days are hard and long, but once I'm through them it seems like it happened a long time ago, and that it was actually a short trial in my life. It's weird how perspective of such events changes over time. I know that without the hard times in life, I wouldn't be able to recognize or appreciate the great times in my life. I love my little family with all my heart and look forward to more times to come together.Top Row: Lily Montes, Max Skubal, Jake Skubal
Middle Row: Brody Rudnicki, Taylee Rudnicki, Rylee Rudnicki
Bottom Row: Leah Bradley, Emily Bradley, Rebekah Bradley

0 comments: