Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fall @ School

Today while Rylee was at Kindergarten I got a phone call from the office of her school. I was so nervous!! I thought, "What did she do? Not my "lil' angel" Rylee?!". They informed me that she got hurt and wanted to call me. Poor Rylee was playing and running around during recess when she was accidentally tripped by another classmate and went down hard. Her head took the full blow of the fall because her hands were in her jacket pockets. By the time I got to the school the right side of her forehead was the size of a golf ball sticking off her head. Unfortunately these pictures don't show just how ginormous this bump was. While in the nurses station she refused to ice it...just like her dad. "Too cold", she said. Like father, like daughter...wusses. I cuddled her and asked her if she wanted to stay or go home and she decided for home. We tried to get her to ice it but could only get her to hold it on for 1 minute, twice. Then Jon had the brilliant idea of going for a night bike ride. You may ask yourself "why is this a brilliant idea?" The answer is because it was FREEZING outside. We were out in the cold for a little over an hour riding and playing and by the time we got back to the house the bump had decreased in size by half. And by the next morning it was just about flat. Jon you are a genius!!

0 comments: