Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm READY!

Ok, here's my story. I am due tomorrow, my membranes have been stripped twice, the house is clean and my bags are packed. Once again, I have had inconsistent contractions here and there for about a week, yet Taylee is stuck in my throat. She has not dropped, to say the least. So, Jon and I decided to go to the gym for a workout. After doing a WOD, I sat down to watch Jon finish his heavy lifting day and critique him on his form. Just then while sitting on my little duff, I felt like I lost all control of my bladder. I was peeing uncontrollably!!! The only thing I could say was "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh". I stood up and a puddle was left from where I was sitting. Jon said he'd clean it up as I ran to the bathroom trying to keep my legs closed the best I could...yet the fluid kept coming out. I thought to myself...as if the day would never come, "Finally!!! My water broke!!". We then rushed home and nothing was happening. So I decided to take a shower, do my make up and put some last minute things in my bag and then the contractions started 5 minutes apart. Sweet! We decided to head to the hospital because I was GBS+ this time and needed 2 doses of antibiotics so Taylee wouldn't have to be on the sepsis protocol (more heel sticks and a longer stay). So we get to triage and they want to make sure my water broke by taking a sample, contractions have slowed since I was sitting in the car, which was discouraging. They wanted me to sit still to slow labor because the antibiotics go in 4 hours apart. Here I am ready to have a baby!!!Finally 2 hours later and after 3 attempts they got an IV. I am angry at this point.Finally the first dose is in and then the second...yet my body had slowed things so much that nothing was happening again. So I tried to speed things up with running, burpees, air squats and push ups. This helped a little, but not enough. So they decided to give me a little pitocin to kick my body back into labor. As soon as active labor set in 30 minutes later from hands and knees to the squatting position...some decels...and a couple pushes, she was out!!! Jon was such a big support and what a difference a midwife makes, thanks! Here I am 8 minutes after delivery...I feel like a whole new person.Before the bath.Sticky little toes!! Yuck.Proud father. I love you so much LOVER.Taylee's first smiling picture...too cute.Here are her stats and her tiny little feet prints.Clean finally and what a doll. We are so blessed to have you in our family and can't wait to find out all about you.

1 comments:

The Brittons said...

I have been wanting to hear this story! Guess I just needed to follow your blog a little closer. I "think" I will be able to now, I am off work!