Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rylee's First Talk in Primary

Today is Valentine's Day and it could't have been more perfect. Rylee volunteered to give a talk in primary on 'love' and on the scripture John 3:16. She was the only one in her sunbeam class that raised her hand excited to give a talk. She was the first sunbeam to give a talk in primary. I am so proud of her for volunteering. I think it takes a lot of courage to give a talk in church. I was so glad that Jon took off a couple hours of work that morning to come watch and listen to her give her talk. This brought tears to Jon's eyes. He was such a sweetheart putting up with the picture I held up of him. She even got the class to laugh. She read her whole talk all by herself and I do want to brag that she will be turning 4 in about 1 month. She is such a great reader. This is what she read while I held up these pictures:

"Today my talk is on love. I love many things." "I love my Mommy and Daddy. I love it when my Mommy sings songs when I go to bed." "I love it when my Daddy laughs." (This is when the whole primary laughed)"I love my brother Brody. I love him because he is silly in the hot tub." "I love music and singing. My favorite song is "Stars Were Gleaming" because it talks about when Jesus was born.""I love Jesus. I love him because he loves me. Jesus has taught me many things." "He taught me how to pray.""He taught me how to love everyone.""I love Heavenly Father because: God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." "I love Heavenly Father for giving me my family."Rylee we LOVE you so much and are so proud of you for giving your first talk in church!!

0 comments: