Friday, April 17, 2009

LDS Missionaries

As you know, my younger brother is on a mission in Uruguay, which makes me have a little extra compassion towards them when they visit our house. (FYI - 2 years is up for Tom and comes home June 26, 2009)
If you are already a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you may ask yourself, "What are missionaries good for?" (because we know what they can do for the non-member)I have found out they are good for mowing the lawn in a suit in 85 degree weather. I have been taking care of the lawn lately because Jon has had his hands tied with studying for the Captain's Test. They gave me the break I needed. They were so willing to give any act of service they could. I repaid them with 2 large bags of candy. (Jon appreciated that the most - ridding the house of the easter candy). I find it ever so funny that one did all the work and the other, well...he, appearently, was the supervisor.I cracked up watching this...mowing in a suit. What a great service they did for me that day! Thank you!

0 comments: