Thursday, April 30, 2009

Florence Nightingale

Rylee knows that I'm a nurse and Jon's a fire fighter. Every night when she calls either of us while at work she asks, "How's your day going?" and "What did you do today?". We always tell her that we are "helping people". Rylee likes to pretend she is going to work.

Rylee - "I'm going to work now, bye, drive carefully."
Me - "What are you going to do at work?"
Rylee - "I help people like mommy and daddy." She then turns the corner leaving the room and then immediately walks back in and says, "I'M BACK FROM WORK! I LOVE YOU!" and comes over and gives big hugs and kisses. She then repeats this over and over again.We subscribe the the "LDS Living Scriptures". I have a lot of Book of Mormon and Bible stories in an animated video for kids to watch. Along with the scripture stories I get "Hero Classics". I showed Rylee the video of Florence Nightingale taking care of the hurt soldiers and she fell in love with Florence. Rylee saw our medical cabinet stocked full of bandages and other such items and wanted me to wrap up her limbs like the hurt soldiers in the video. When she had me wrap up her legs she would purposely limp around as if she was hurt. She is truely compassionate when someone gets hurt and jumps right in to help. She'll be a great nurse someday.

2 comments:

The Schwartz Family said...

Love this! She's a nurse in training! :) Was so great to see you at class the other night, let's have a play date soon! We'll figure it out! TTYL!

Leavitt Family said...

I love watching her grow and being able to keep up with your lives via your blog- you'll have to help me get mine going! i started it a year ago but can't quite figure it out completely...love you guys!!!