Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Tea

Today I was blessed to be able to send the three younger kids to a friends house while I went by myself to Mother's Day Tea at Rylee's kindergarten class. This was a special day for Rylee. She even made her own t-shirt on the computer. The directions told her to color a picture, print it out and attach it to a black shirt. She did just that. She had colored, printed and taped it to a black shirt. (Little did she know it was supposed to be an iron-on. But she did her best.) She was very proud of it as was I. When we got there they sang 3 songs which made us all cry. I cried because I reflected on how she used to be my first baby and it was just her and I in the world. Now time has flown and there are more in our family. But there is something special about your first. I used to hold her all the time and stare at her while holding her during her naps. Now she can hardly fit on my lap and she doesn't take naps. I know that she is and will continue to be such a great example to the rest of her siblings. I never thought growing up how children could be such great examples to their parents, but they are and SHE is. I always want her to know that she is a daughter of God and that she can do anything she puts her mind to. I love you Rylee and thank you for serving me at Mother's Day Tea. It was a very special time for me to be just with you. We need to do that again sometime!

0 comments: