Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shots

At the beginning of next month I will be signing Rylee up for kindergarten. We've talked about going to kindergarten and how it will be so much fun! Some things you need to register your children for school are a PG&E bill, birth certificate and an immunization record. She was in need of some booster shots. So today I asked Rylee if she wanted to get her shots today or tomorrow for kindergarten and she said, "Today". I asked her, "Are you sure? We can do it tomorrow if you'd like?". She insisted that today we do it today. I was a little puzzled by her persistence about today. After gymnastics I asked her again, "Are you sure you want to do them today? Right now?". She said, "YES MOM!". Ok, so away to the doctors we went. I checked her in and the lady called her name to come in. We went right in and the lady asked if she needed to get someone to hold Taylee because it was just me with the three kids. The lady thought that I might need to hold Rylee down or have her sit on my lap. I said that I'd be fine. When we got into the room I asked Rylee if she wanted to sit on my lap or sit on the table. She said, "On the table" and jumped right up. I asked her if she wanted to hold my hand and she said, "No"; I held her hand anyways. The lady told Rylee to look the other way because she was going to give two shots in one arm and one in the other. Rylee turned away and then back at her arm and watched the first two shots go in. BRAVE! Not one flinch, not one word, I TELL YOU! The lady went to the other arm and Rylee watched. AGAIN, not one flinch, not one word! The lady asked if she wanted a sticker and she said, "Yes and can my brother have one too?". They picked out their stickers and as soon as the lady left the room Rylee turned to me and said in her most calm big girl voice, "Now I can go to kindergarten tomorrow." I laughed so hard in my head!!! I explained that she still had another 8 months to go but that she was ready to get signed up! She is MORE than ready to go to school. I can not express how proud I am of her COURAGE. I love her determination!

3 comments:

The Brittons said...

What a cute story! She is a very cool girl and will without a doubt have a blast when school starts!

Gowdies said...

So cute! That is totally Rylee. Love it. I love all your updates.

Kelly Evanson said...

what a great story!! how fun that your oldest will be heading off to kindergarten. my oldest just got baptized. crazy how time flies!!