Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!!!! Let me back up. Jon worked the 23rd and the 24th so it was just the three of us - Rylee, Brody and I for Christmas Eve. A friend sent out an email looking for Christmas traditions she could start with her family. That gave me some good ideas that we could start with our family. This year Rylee and I watched Dr. Suess's "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and made a cake. After the cake cooled, we frosted it and turned off all the lights except for the Christmas tree lights. We sat around the Christmas tree and read the real Christmas story of Mary, Joseph and Jesus. We then sang "Silent Night" together. Rylee was so excited and said, "I know this song!" and belted it the best she could. We then stuck a candle in the middle of the cake, lit it and sang Happy Birthday reverently to Jesus. Rylee blew out the candle and licked the bottom. I cut the cake and we each had a piece. After eating our cake we called Jon at work to tell him we miss him and love him like always and off to bed we went.

That next morning we waited for Jon to get home so he could watch them open gifts. It was a wonderful relaxing time being home together after a long 2 months of killer work for the both of us.Thanks Rylee and Brody for enduring through this time!! I love that our family is back together!

0 comments: